Friday 22 August 2014

My pregnancy wardrobe

Last time I was pregnant I don't think I even invested in any sort of maternity wear. I was very early in the winter months (still fit in normal clothes) and very large in the summer months (lived in maxi dresses and baggy stuff!)
This time I'm the opposite way around (smaller in the summer and bigger in autumn/winter) and was getting really fed up with leggings!! I know there is nothing wrong with leggings and I will be wearing them again, but not every day?!
I've not completely invested in brand new maternity clothes, if I am honest I think it's a bit of a waist of money buying brand new to only wear for a few months! And if you know me, you know I love a bargain! (And to be honest I couldn't tell you when I bought an item of clothing for myself brand new anyway!!)
But I do think that comfort in pregnancy is very important and nice clothes are a bit of a must-need boost too!
If you've ever been pregnant or are currently pregnant, there will most probably be a time were you break down and cry because of your current wardrobe. It gets yous down! And it's not because you're a bad mum-to-be!! It's because it happens to everyone and your body is changing and you just get fed up!  Oh and don't even get me started on the friend of a friend someone told you about who still fit into her normal size 12 clothes all the way through pregnancy! She mustn't have been comfy right?
(Don't hate me if that was you, we're just envious!)

So here is what I'm wearing- 
2 x pair of over the bump bootcut jeans - (one dark and one lighter pair) I'm not joking they are the comfiest things in the world and they look good too! 
1 x pair of over the bump skinny jeans- these are a nice light blue and are extremely comfy too. Plus because they're skinny they go with everything!
2 x pair of under the bump skinny jeans - both different bright colours. To be honest I have only worn one of these so far. And because I'm carrying very low they're not at all comfy for me. If the baby moves up maybe they'll be comfier? But until then, I'm personally avoiding.
1 x Black over the bump trousers - I don't necessarily have to wear formal clothes for work so I only need one pair. But they are really comfy and because they're black they go with everything aswell.
1 x maternity dress - It's pink and kind of a skater style? I'm not overjoyed with it and with the weather I think I've only worn it once. It's comfy but a waist for me personally. I think if I was going to a party I'd invest in something worthwhile.
(I bought all of my maternity clothes off eBay so apart from most of them being super comfy, I got them for a fraction of the retail price too!)

The rest of my wardrobe-
Maternity tops- I own 2 but hardly wear them as normal tops fit ok for now. As long as I haven't got under my bump flashing, Im fine. (I can't bare that!!) 
Leggings- I still wear leggings, just not everyday. I recommend the primark ones, only because they feel the stretchiest and comfiest.
Midi dress- I have a stretchy black midi dress I bought a while ago from New Look. It wasn't very expensive and it is very comfy. I think if I wanted a new dress I would look for a similar style and material.
I'm only almost 22 weeks so I will try and add anything else I pick up over the next few months!

Any other day that I'm staying in I tend to wear jogging bottoms or hubby's pyjama bottoms! They're so comfy, and hubby laughs at me when I pull them right over my bump, I'm like what, I'm attractive right?!! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment