Monday 23 June 2014

Pregnancy diary - second trimester

13 weeks 2 days- when is the sickness supposed to stop? Apart from still being nauseous and occasionally sick and still feeling a little tired, all is ok! No cravings, although, I do fancy more sweet things.

13 weeks 5 days- yesterday I found out that a friend was told she was having a boy at her 12 week scan. I'm confused as thought you could only find out at 16 weeks? I thought it was a bit strange when the sonographer had a look between the babies legs at the scan and said the cord's in the way. I'm really excited to find out what we are having! Everyone said that the scan picture looks like a girl? I don't understand how a scan can look like a girl but I do feel like I'm having a girl now, maybe because everybody is saying it? It's getting into my dreams a lot lately too, were I'm just mithering hubby to let me get a sexing scan at 16 weeks instead of waiting until the 20 week scan! And I wanted to wait, but my goodness my dads impatience is definitely inherited by me! I've been looking at sexing scan prices, the cheapest I found was £50. It just seems a lot to pay! I'll wait until august.... Unless I win the lottery or something, then I'll get a scan!

14 weeks 4 days- still being sick randomly. Not every day but some days I jut have a bad day.
In other better news... I've booked a scan to tell us whether pip is a girl or a boy! I couldn't wait, and it seems even hubby was having strange dreams about whether the baby would be a girl or a boy.
I'm thinking that it's a girl, only because everybody is telling me it will be a girl. I'm not having any sort of feelings from the bump to suggest pink or blue though.
Movements are really limited too, worries me even though I know they don't move so much at this stage.

15 weeks 5 days- so nothing really interesting has happened in the last week. I'm still being randomly sick, although I haven't been for about 2 days now. I'll just hope that it's coming to an end! The sexing scan will be very soon, I'll be 16 weeks and 2 days, I'm very excited to see pip and for M to see his sibling for the first time, I wonder what he will think about the whole experience?!

17 weeks 4 days- So I've not been blogging recently. I had the sexing scan and we found out that Pip is a little girl! I'm so excited to have a daughter a whole new experience!
I'm still not feeling many movements which is worrying me. I can't remember when I was feeling lots of movements from M so I can't even compare it to that pregnancy. I'm just sat watching one born every minute, pains in my groin, don't know whether it's sympathy pains for the girls or just usual pregnancy aches and pains, either way, ouch!
Oh and the heat! My goodness it's so bloody hot! It doesn't help, this time 3 years ago I was over due with M, I honestly don't know how I coped!

18 weeks 4 days- my urine sample has come back from the lab twice saying I need to do a new sample, for some reason! So I had to go and do another one yesterday, which I'm hoping to get the results back by tomorrow!
Only a week and half until I have my 20 week anomally scan and all the other check ups! I'm obviously hoping all is ok. She's been really pushing right down, mainly on an evening, and it absolutely kills me! Plus I felt her kick in my cervix and thought her foot was going to come out. It's so odd, I don't remember any I this discomfort with M.
Was M's birthday yesterday. We had a party at the weekend and took him for a day out to Blackpool. He loved it all! I can't believe I managed to travel all the way to Blackpool (over an hour in the car) without being sick at all! Yet yesterday I went to the doctors and Asda and had to get hubby to pull over so I could be sick... *Pulls sad face*

19 weeks 2 days- so she's still not moving around very much. She stays very low down and I'm concerned I it's normal or not? I've tweeted on twitter to see if any other pregnant person has experienced this. Hubby said that when she gets bigger she will take up more room, which is the obvious outcome and I should definitely ask for his help more often!! It's silly the sort if things you worry about when you're pregnant, I keep thinking she's stuck down there! Eeep!

19 weeks 4 days- today had been quite amazing. Could see her moving/kicks today. Hubby saw them too and he loved it! It really melts my heart and it's nice to know her movements are getting stronger. I love her so much already and can't wait to see her on Monday! (20 weeks 2 days) 

20 weeks 2 days- Scan Day!! So pip is still a girl! Ha. Everything is brilliant and as it should be. It seems though, that her head is really low (close to pubic bone) and it is that that is causing all the pressure and discomfort down there! It's not a concern though, she must just be comfy down there! She is currently wiggling and kicking as I type which is so lovely and probably one of the only things I missed from my last pregnancy! It's so lovely and weird and strange and tickly and amazing! Yay! .... Must remember these moments when I'm in the midst of labour!!! 

20 weeks 3 days- I'm feeling a little down lately. My mum and sister have done a few things that have upset me. It's a loooong story and I don't want to go too much into it here, but I feel like they should be playing a big part in my pregnancy.
My lovely hubby has been my rock through this. He is an amazing man and I honestly couldn't do anything without him. As he says "It's me and you against the world kid!" And he is right. I shouldn't let it bother me. I think the hormones aren't helping though either! Ah well, I'm sure we will all be best of friends again soon... We'll see!

21 weeks 2 days- so all sorted with family feuds. It was going to be worked out in the end wasn't it?! 
I'm other news I must be nesting. I've rearranged the kitchen cupboards and I've cleaned all the DVDs and rearranged the vid unit! Also I've changed the bedding and sorted stuff out to sell on eBay and the carboot sale- which we are still yet to do because the weather is rubbish! ... Talking about rubbish weather, pretty hard not to feel Christmassy when there's no summer sunshine?! Hubby keeps telling me off for saying things about christmas but I know he loves it really!!
Baby's kicks are getting stronger, still quite low though I think? Been getting a bit of heartburn recently too, hope it's not as bad as when I was pregnant with Max!

21 weeks 5 days- Went to see the midwife today. The baby is making me sore, down there... As well as the pressure, which can get quite painful. She explained everything to me and was very helpful. I have to make an appointment with physio, hopefully they can help me out?
Apart from that, the baby is fine, wiggling and kicking just as much as normal.

22 weeks 3 days- so my physio appointment will be next week. I'm looking forward to hearing what they have to say. Baby is still quite low down and really "burrows" down every now and again still. Her kicks are still getting stronger too. I don't think I'm bothered about eating sweet things and drinking coca cola any more. I'm feeling HUGE!!

24 weeks 6 days- Just got back from Cornwall. Baby G wasn't as active while we was away, but then again I was non stop! This evening she's back in full swing and kicking the hell out of me though. I'm still feeling huge, obviously not expecting to feel any different until she's here but ouch! Lol. I think she's moved up a bit too. Which reminds me I never blogged about my trip to physio! Basically, all she said was that it sounds like I have 'pelvic girdle' and has given me a body support... Which I haven't worn yet, eep!
Is it just my belly button that goes back to an 'inny' in the bath/swimming pool?! Haha.

25 weeks 4 days- feeling tired. The whole getting up early and getting M ready for nursery,  walking to school and back again is really hitting me when I pick him up. I can't complain, I've only got 2 more weeks left in work. But I'm getting more and more tired.... *yawn*

26 weeks 4 days- had Braxton hicks last night. A little painful! Making me panic more than usual about birth. I am absolutely petrified most of the time!! Sometimes I think I'll be ok because I've done it before, but it's not the case is it?! All births are different and you go in completely unaware of what's going to happen just as you do with your first!! MW appointment tomorrow...

26 weeks and 5 days- Im measuring 28 weeks. The MW wants me to go back in 2 weeks for another check instead of waiting until the next appt at about 34 weeks. She said that if I measure big next time they may send me for a scan to check baby's weight and water, as I carried quite a bit of water when I was pregnant with M. Her head is down and bum is in my right ribs (where M's used to be!) but she can move around a lot before it's time for birth. Everything fine though, heartbeat strong and she doesn't 'feel' like she's 'too big'... 

The final stretch is upon me!!!!! I'm not going to lie, I am absolutely cacking myself!!!! Here goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment