Tuesday 25 February 2014

Potty training diary

I've decided that today was going to be the day to begin the dreaded potty training, after many weeks of discussing with family members (mainly them telling me that it's about time M was potty trained!)  and many weeks of putting it off with the wedding & Christmas. So here is our potty training diary!

Day 1
After lunch I took M's nappy off and told him that he was to tell mummy or daddy if he needed a wee wee and to sit on his potty. He was ok with this and said that no nappy felt more comfy! M carried on playing, until the time came and he told us that he was weeing! Daddy started panicking. I rushed M to the potty, calmed daddy down and assured him that this is part of the learning process (I think!). M finished his wee on the potty and was extremely chuffed with himself and demanded that we look! Hooray a wee!
After this I decided that M could wear some underpants, which he loved! He kept them on all night until bedtime. I had to encourage him a lot but once he did a wee he was very pleased with himself.
Of course there were a couple of little accidents but it's our first day, and if I do say so myself it has been quite a good attempt so far!


Day 2
Today has been a productive day. No nappies all day! A few accidents but he's telling me when he needs a wee so it's all good. He's loving wearing his underpants and shows them off to 'Ninnin' & grandad when they visit. He even wee'd on his potty in front of his friend E who visited today too.
The only thing is there's not been any number 2's! We've tried to encourage him by saying he can have a toy from the toy shop when he does one but although he's excited to get his toy there has been no pooping yet!
M's at his 'Ninnin's' house at the minute and I've told her that M is not having nappies on until bedtime. He's taken his potty with him so I'm hoping that he stays nappy free while he is there until he comes home & that hopefully he does his poop!

Day 3
M was super excited to put his undies on this morning! No wees but sat on his potty and tried, bless him! He's gonna dimming today and is at his grandmas so getting lots of support from family members. Packed extra undies and trousers just in case! Will add more tonight... Still hoping for a poop from him though!
Alas a poop! And I missed it! *sad face* I got a text while I was at work from the husband to tell me that M was pooping on the potty. Apparently M had told him that he had "pooed his pants" so he checked and he hadn't so he put him on his potty and told him to do his poo. Then he left him too it
and went in the kitchen. When he came back in it was there, in his potty! Why didn't I think of that? Just tell him to do his poo and hide?! I'm so chuffed and M is too! When I finished work we went to the toy store and got him his treat he wanted. Fingers crossed he carries on with his progress!

Day 4 & 5
M has been doing great these couple of days, going to the potty himself and telling us when he's done a wee & if he needs a poop! He's not wore a nappy at all except for bed, which will be the next challenge! I feel like it's been easier than what I set myself up to expect. I think it's only been easier because M has been able to tell me and has picked it up quite fast. Lots of encouragement is definitely needed but so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment