Wednesday 9 July 2014

Yoga4Pregnancy - Review

Have a busy lifestyle leaving no time to go to a yoga class? No pregnancy yoga classes available near you? Or do you feel kind of embarassed first time yoga goers wobbling a little with your bump sticking out and needing to pee every 5 minutes?! Well the Pregnancy4Yoga app could be for you...
Currently I'm almost 16 weeks pregnant. Previously I've done a couple of yoga classes (so I'm no expert!) and really enjoyed them, but its always hard to find the time to go, especially as I work part time and have an almost 3 year old!
I decided to have a look for a pregnancy yoga class I could take part in and found nothing in my town.
I didn't think about downloading an app and it was only by chance I saw something on twitter asking for pregnant women to review a yoga app, a great coincidence!
So here is what I personally think about my first attempt at the Yoga 4 Pregnancy app...
Let me just start by saying I honestly didn't know what to expect! Basically the set up is simple and easy to use with the opening menu giving you 3 options;

Once you have read the "Using this app" you then start with your "Yoga Lessons". You have the option to choose chapters so you can mix and match and do them in any order you prefer or choose your favourite if you have a spare five minutes just to help you relax a little. Or you can do all of the lessons in one sitting which takes about 30 minutes.
What I really like about this app is that it is a video and not just pictures of random poses, so you can see exactly how the movements should look and of course you are being spoken to calmly and reminded about your breathing throughout, which I found really relaxing, and as stupid as it sounds you do forget to breathe sometimes!
Also it takes into consideration pelvic girdle pain, bad knees, heart burn and carpal tunnel, which we all may experience at some point during pregnancy. 
Honestly, I am looking forward to doing this throughout my pregnancy, it was lovely to feel baby moving about whilst I felt relaxed and focused on bonding with him/her.
I would highly recommend this app to anyone who is pregnant and I would definitely say that the small price is well worth it and more! A relaxed and stressless mummy means a happy baby!

The creator of the Yoga 4 Pregnancy app is Anna White who runs Pregnancy 4 Yoga classes in Manchester. To ask any questions or to find out any more information contact her via
twitter- @pregnancy4yoga_
Or
Lots more information can be found via the website

Thank you for reading my first ever review and any feedback is greatly welcomed!
I was given the Yoga 4 Pregnancy app free of charge for reviewing purposes, but these are my honest opinions.
Go download your Yoga 4 Pregnancy app now available on iTunes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment